Sunday, February 17, 2008

Follow the White Bunny

Mickey Western at Honey Space VI
Thomas Beale introduces Mickey Western.

Walking into Honey Space was kind of like entering the core of a fresh baked apple pie. They were brewing apple cider (with real fruit and cinnamon sticks) on a hot plate and had a Valentine's-appropriate spread of chocolate fondue with sliced strawberries and bananas. The entrance was curiously accented by hay. I don't think I've ever seen real hay in New York City before. Not a single sense I possess was left unsatisfied by the time I departed. The band was phenomenal, the attendees gorgeous, the art delightful, and the tambourine player in a bunny suit was the icing on the pie.

Mickey Western at Honey Space
Western and Beale on the accordian

Mickey Western at Honey Space
Tambourining bunny, dazzling bass guitar, piles of rescued woods.

I even used the video function on my cam for the first time to capture all the carousing, which means this video sucks, but here it is anyway:



More Photos from the show on my [Flickr]

No comments: